I started this blog in June as a way to have a creative outlet, as well as to document how I am (slowly) transforming my yard and garden into something great. While I’m absolutely no expert in gardening, I’m still a gardener who is trying and failing and trying again to get my garden just how I want it.
A few weeks ago I was nominated by Simply Save for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you for the nomination Simply Save; and be sure to check out her money saving tips and advice for living a simpler life. With that, I am supposed to share 10 things about myself.
- This summer I tried to make my own fruit wine for the first time. It’s still in the process, so I don’t know if it’s delicious or not yet.
- I am so very lucky to have the best daughter and puppy in the world!
- I’m slightly addicted to traveling. Europe is my favorite and I can’t wait to get back there.
- I confess – I’m a fan of 80’s & 90’s boy bands…still.
- Alpha-Bits are my favorite cereal ever – I’m so excited they are making a comeback.
- I have a Certificate in American Sign Language Studies.
- With #6, I had wanted to be an ASL Interpreter for Recreation programs & events…but the school schedule wasn’t compatible with my work schedule, so I got my Certificate instead.
- I’ve lived my whole life in Minnesota (with the exception of a Study Abroad in London).
- Along with #8 – I’ve seen the Queen of England twice, and the band Queen once.
- I bought my first CD in about 10 years this week. My kiddo is obsessed with Taylor Swift so instead of her wearing out my iPhone battery, I caved and got the CD. While walking through Target I actually wondered for a moment if they even sell CDs anymore.
I just registered for the Minnesota Blogger Conference in November! While I just blog casually, I think this will be a great chance to meet other bloggers in the area and to learn a lot about having a blog and keeping it going. I’ve already connected with a fellow Twin Cities garden blogger, Everyday Urban Gardener, and we will chat about writing a joint garden post.